Monday 16 February 2009

Pensions - is Gordon going to to the right thing?

Could it be true that Gordon Brown is about to do something the Tories should be have been shouting from the rooftops about ages ago and shift MPs to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme like almost every one of their paymasters?

I have to say that if any party came out and said they would implement a fair pensions policy under which the higher-paid public sector shift to Defined Contribution like the lower-paid private sector that pay for them then they'd probably get my vote. Even though that would mean me resigning as Chairman of my local Conservative group.

This is a topic on which I and I think more and more people are feeling completely passionate to the point of thinking in terms of single issue politics. A FPPP (Fair Pensions Policy Party) to compete with UKIP? Come on David Cameron and the Shadow Cabinet... launch a fair pensions policy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment